Hiring a social media agency? There are many self proclaimed social media experts, but few have solid results and case studies. Social media is not about posting photos to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. . .
it’s about creating communications strategies that achieve business goals.
If you’re looking to hire a social media partner, here are a few tips to consider that will help you choose the ideal social media agency:
- Not the silver bullet – Social media is not the silver bullet, so be weary if your potential partner is promising magical results. Social media should be part of an integrated communications strategy and should be considered as one piece of a larger puzzle.
- Social media is no longer free – Changes to Facebook’s algorithm have left many business pages in the dark, making organic social media reach a thing of the past. Your potential social media partner should include paid strategies in the plan and have a clear understanding of all social media advertising products.
- Roadmap to success – Identify your objectives and goals, and build a social media plan around them. The potential agency should define how success will be measured and commit to providing timely reports.
- Focus on quality over quantity – A social media strategy doesn’t necessarily mean creating and maintaining an account on every social media platform, like Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc. A good partner will only recommend channels that target the right audience and deliver maximum results.
- Compelling messages – Social media content comes in many forms, such as copy, photos and videos. The social media agency you work with should be able to create multi-media content, because social media is beyond writing good copy.
- The proof is in the pudding – Your potential partner should be able to show results from previous work. Good results don’t necessarily mean your post was liked and shared 100 times. Good results impact your business goals.